Saturday, September 19, 2009

LETTER FROM YAPCHOIYIN TO M/S LIM & HOH

Yap Choi Yin
5a Prinsep Road, Attadale,
Western Australia, 6156,
To, M/s Lim & Hoh,
Dear Sirs !
Re: Re : Originating Petition No. D2-26-41 OF 2001 ;
Lim Choi Yin v. McLaren Saksama (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd
The content of your letter is most surprising to me, considering that my husband has been dealing with all matters relating to my said Petition against M/s McLarens Saksama Sdn. Bhd. However, there is no need to split hairs, but I need to make respond to your letter on these
issues :
(1)did you withdraw my application to cross examine respondents, (a)Mr. Stephen Cheng Ban,
(b)Mr. Wong Kem Chen (c)Mr Kwong Sea Yoon(representing M/s McLarens)as their company Secretary ?
(2)Did you not by letter inform me that every time my husband writes to the Chief Justice, or to the public at large by letter-fax, either insulting Dato Zainon binti Mohd. Ali or complaining to the Chief Justice, of the conduct of Judge Zainon binti Mohd. Ali the latter (Dato Zainon) would haul up Mr David for chastisement; at this point, will you confirm that Mr David's withdrawal of my application for leave to cross examine said 3 respondents mentioned above, on the contents of their supporting affidavits ANNEXED TO THEIR RESPECTIVE APPLICATIONS FOR SECURITY FOR COSTS, was not withdrawned as a consequence of pressure applied by Dato Zainon ?
I want to confirm that my husband had admitted to me that he had consented to Mr David's suggestion that we withdraw my application to cross examine said Respondents( BY THE WORDS OF MR DAVID, "TO CLEAR THE DECKS") mentioned above, because Mr David believes that the continued existence of my application to cross examine said respondents is the cause of Judge Zainon's persistent and continued postponement of the hearing of my petition for over a period of at least 2 years, FROM THE DATE OF MY PAYMENT OF RM.60,000 PURSUANT TO THE ORDER FOR SECURITY FOR COSTS, APPROVED BY JUDGE ZAINON and for no reason at all since the respondents nor I as petitioner had ever asked for any postponements. Let it be said that although my husband had endorsed Mr David's action to withdraw my application, he (Mr David) must realise that he is my counsel and not my husband, who has not practised law for 40 years. Mr David holds total professional responsibility for his actions relating to the conduct of my petition.
(2)now that by your letter, dated 7 Sept., 2009, received this morning, I AM TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU STILL ACT FOR ME, AND I ACCEPT and wish to thank you very much for your kindness and I wish to confirm that you are still acting for me on the terms, endorsed by me "as the contractual terms of our retainer" on the back of the copy of my petition and kept by you as evidence of the basis of our retainer.
(3)I now instruct you as my solicitors TO WITHDRAW THE APPEAL THAT HAS BEEN FILED BY YOUR FIRM ON MY BEHALF WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT; and to instead apply to set aside the ORDER FOR STRIKING OUT OF MY PETITION. My husband has written an opinion that Judge ZAINON'S order for striking out of my petition is illegal and unlawful. I enclose a copy for your consideration. You are free as my solicitors to accept his opinion or dismiss it as you wish. However, my husband had spoken to Dato Mohd. Raus Sharrif, on the comedy of Judge Zainon's APPROVAL of 2 opposing orders for security for costs and even without so much as an order to set aside said order for security for costs WENT ON TO APPROVE AN ORDER FOR STRIKING OUT.
Dato Mohd. Raus Shariff had asked me to apply for the setting aside of Zainon's Order for striking, but I told him that Dato Zainon may have put in place A DETENTION ORDER UNDER THE ISA and that I will be detained and my effort will be in vain; Dato Mohd. Raus. Shariff, then suggested that I ask our solicitors M/s Lim & Hoh to go see him; BUT WHEN ATTEMPTS WERE MADE BY MY HUSBAND TO CONTACT M/S LIM & HOH, my husband was kept incommunicado.
It is good and I thank you that you have stated that you "act and will only take instructions from me", so by that acknowledgement, please do act according to my instructions UNLESS YOU HAVE STATED REASONS WHY MY INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT produce the best legal out-come for my case; in which case please write to me and state your objections.
I wish to say to Mr Frank Hoh that my husband bear him no ill will. My husband find the pervertion of the course of justice abhorrent, and will not shrink from pursuing JUSTICE ACCORDING TO LAW. I say to Mr Frank Hoh, WHAT HAS JOE YAP DONE TO YOU. You can write to me and we will publish it to the public at large by letter-fax, EXACTLY AS YOU WILL WRITE IT.
Please be kind enough to send to me copy each of (1) SECURITY FOR COSTS, (2) ORDER FOR STRIKING OUT OF PETITION.
Yap Choi Yin,
 
 
 
Copy to President Malaysian Bar,
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: